Recently we added support for the free “OpenWeatherMap – free weather data and forecast API” to WebSolarLog.
With the data from OWM we can do a lot of cool stuff;
- Display the current weather conditions
- Display the weather forecast for X days
- Solar calculations based on the “real(time)” outside temperature
- Push your local weather condition to PVoutput
- Maybe a kWh forecast based on cloud conditions
- and many many more
How to configure WebSolarLog for OWM:
- Go to the Admin
- Go to the General tab
- Fill the Lat and Long field
- Save the General settings
- Go to the Inverters tab
- Click the button “new inverter” i know it is odd, we do some magic and change the “inverter” into a weather station 😉 )
- Give the “inverter” a name, example; “Weather Station”
- Change Device Api into “Open Weather Map”
- Change Device type info “Weather”
- Save the inverter
- We are done with the configuration of the Weather station.
From now WebSolarLog will retrieve every 5 minutes the realtime weather conditions for your location based on the location you gave in Admin::General
At the moment WebSolarLog doesn’t show the weather data, but this will change in de near feature.