Today I have created a new image off raspbian with WSL added.
What is changed?
- The pi home folder contains a symlink to the nginx folder
- Updated websolarlog to the latest trunk (build 928)
- Raspbian almost to the latest version (please do an apt-get update to get the altest)
- Removed lots off unused files (around 600mb of files)
- Installed an init script so WSL start after restarting the rpi
Please give any comments in de the google forums.
(Want to upgrade the old image? Information on the second page.)
After installation of the image, please run the following commands;
- sudo chown www-data:www-data /usr/share/nginx/www/websolarlog/
- sudo chmod -R 777 /usr/share/nginx/www/websolarlog/
Rasberry Pi WebSolarLog Trunk 20130531 (304.0 MiB, 3265 downloads)
Recently we added support for the free “OpenWeatherMap – free weather data and forecast API” to WebSolarLog.
With the data from OWM we can do a lot of cool stuff;
- Display the current weather conditions
- Display the weather forecast for X days
- Solar calculations based on the “real(time)” outside temperature
- Push your local weather condition to PVoutput
- Maybe a kWh forecast based on cloud conditions
- and many many more
How to configure WebSolarLog for OWM:
- Go to the Admin
- Go to the General tab
- Fill the Lat and Long field
- Save the General settings
- Go to the Inverters tab
- Click the button “new inverter” i know it is odd, we do some magic and change the “inverter” into a weather station 😉 )
- Give the “inverter” a name, example; “Weather Station”
- Change Device Api into “Open Weather Map”
- Change Device type info “Weather”
- Save the inverter
- We are done with the configuration of the Weather station.
From now WebSolarLog will retrieve every 5 minutes the realtime weather conditions for your location based on the location you gave in Admin::General
At the moment WebSolarLog doesn’t show the weather data, but this will change in de near feature.
We frequently get the question from people;
Do you have a pre- installed/configured image with WebSolarLog?
And we always need to answer that with:
No we don’t have that.
We are working on a pre- installed/configure image based on Raspbian and the recently published manual and hope to release it very soon!
The image is based Raspbian (2013-02-09-wheezy-raspbian.zip released at RaspberryPi.org) and WebSolarLog (at the moment of backing the image) build.
The image is designed for the RasperryPi 512MB model and can also be used on the 256MB model. The size of the image is 4GB (probably also for 2gb, needs testing) and can be extented with the raspi-config tool.
The image contains the following:
- WebSolarLog Trunk version 760 with support for;
- NginX 1.2.1
- PHP 5.4
- SQLite 3.7.13
Be aware that the above supported inverters need some extra programs. These are not installed unless we have native support for it.
We choose these packages because of their lack for hunger on CPU and Memory resources.
The download is approximately 660MB big and you could download it from our servers.
Rasberry Pi WebSolarLog Trunk 20130508 (629.5 MiB, 1689 downloads)